Barnwell County Recycling & Landfill Information
Recycling Information Urgent Notice from the Solid Waste Manager…
The Landfill is now accepting electronic waste from citizens. Large quantities can be taken to North, SC. Global Recycling will go to the facility to pick up and package large quantities of electronic waste. There is a fee for this service. You can call 1-800-933-0319 for more information.
County Recycling Coordinator:
Solid Waste Manager
155 Landfill Rd.
Barnwell, SC 29812
57 Wall St.
County Administration Building
Barnwell, SC 29812
Phone: (803) 541-1109
Fax: (803) 541-1090
Additional Used Motor Oil Collection Sites
*used oil filters and motor oil bottles also accepted
- County Public Works Department, Calhoun St.*
- City of Barnwell Maintenance Shop*
- Advance Auto, 10630 Dunbarton Blvd.
City Garage, 125 Broughton Ave. (Hwy. 304)*
Fire Department, W. Main St.*
For more information, call 1-800-768-7348 or
write DHEC’s Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201.
Drop Off Sites
Hours: M, W, & Sat 7-7
- Longbranch Center, 1320 Orchard Rd., Barnwell 29812
- 6640 Hwy. 3, Barnwell 29812
- Snelling, 1359 Seven Pines Rd., Barnwell 29812
- Healing Springs, 3287 Healing Springs Rd., Blackville 29817
- Landfill Center, 155 Landfill Rd., Barnwell 29812 (also accepts farmer oil up to 55 gallons and oil/gas mixture)
- Reedy Branch Center, 870 Reedy Branch Rd., Hilda 29813
- Rosemary Center, 963 Thorn Dr., Williston 29853
- Fire Tower Center, 7633 Hwy. 64E Barnwell 29812
- Spurbranch Center, 8360 Springfield Hwy., Williston 29853
Sites collect: Cans (aluminum, steel), paper (cardboard, paperboard, newspaper and inserts, magazines, mixed office paper) plastic bottles and jugs (#1-#7), plastic nursery containers, glass (brown, green, clear), lead-acid and Ni-Cd batteries, scrap metal (aluminum, steel), white goods, antifreeze, used oil, filters and bottles, tires, textiles, latex paint, cooking oil OTHER LINKS