District #4 – Chairman Charles Lowell Jowers, Sr.
District #4-County Council Contact Information
Chairman Charles Lowell Jowers, Sr.
60 Westfield Street
Barnwell, SC 29812
Phone # (803) 541-7157
Councilman Jowers was born and raised in Blackville, SC. He married Juliette Fickling in 1954.
Lowell graduated from Blackville High in 1954. He attended Brevard Junior College-Cocoa, FL, Wharton School of Business-Wharton, PA, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, MI. Lowell was also enrolled with the International Correspondence School.
Professional Information Lowell Jowers began his career in motion picture and video that spanned 41 years with various motion picture and video facilities starting with the Space Center.
- 1955 – 1957 – Dupont Co. at SRS
- 1957 to 1971 – RCA Service Company and Technicolor-Cocoa, FL
- 1971 – 1973 – General Manager of Technicolor Motion Picture Laboratory, Chicago, IL.
- 1973 – 1976 – Laboratory Manager of Cinegraphics – Division of Maritz, Inc., St. Louis, MO.
- 1976 – 1978 – Laboratory Manger of Film Lab Services, Cleveland, OH.
- 1978 – 1983 – Vice President of Maritz Laboratories, St. Louis, MO and Minneapolis, MN
- 1983 – 1987 – Laboratory Manager for Allied Film and Video facility in Detroit, MI.
- 1987 – 1989 – Laboratory Manager of WRS Motion Picture and Video Laboratory in Pittsburg, PA
- 1989 – 1992 – Vice President of Aiken Tire Company – Meridian, MS.
- 1992 – 1998 – Project Manager for Bionetics Corporation on Range Visual Information Technical Services contract, Space Center, FL.
Mr. Jowers has been active in many organizations including President of Little League Baseball, President of Midget Football League, President of Parent Teachers, and member of Lions Club. Former member of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.