County offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018 for observance of Memorial Day. Offices will reopen on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:00AM.
County offices will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 for observance of the 4th of July. Offices will reopen on Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 9:00AM.
County offices will be closed on Monday, September 3, 2018 for observance of Labor Day. Offices will reopen on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at 9:00AM.
April is Fair Housing Month
The Lower Savannah Council of Governments (LSCOG) is conducting an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice as part of its obligations in receiving funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This short survey is part of the LSCOG’s efforts to obtain feedback from the public. By completing the survey you will help us assess fair housing issues in your community. Your input is important and will directly impact the decision making process.
Barnwell County Industrial Park Road Closure
The entrance to the Barnwell County Industrial Park (Joey Zorn Blvd) will be closed in the coming weeks due to reconstruction. Citizens should obey all traffic signs and use alternate routes to reach destinations within the park such as the YMCA. The estimated start of construction is April 2 and the duration is expected to take approximately 30 days. Attached is a sketch showing alternate routes. Thank you in advance for you patience.
Your Barnwell County Penny Sales Tax Revenues At Work
Click the photo above or here to view photos.
News & Updates
SCAC Regional Cooperation Award Video
Freedom of Information Act – Fees For Copies of Public Records
Fees (Section 30-4-30(B) & (C)):
- Requires each public body to establish a fee schedule which must be posted online.
- Public body may establish and collect reasonable fees not to exceed the actual cost of searching, retrieval, and redaction of records. Fees are to be based on prorated hourly rate of the lowest paid employee of the public body who, in “reasonable” discretion of records custodian, has the skill and training necessary to respond to the request.
- Charge for copies cannot exceed the prevailing commercial rate for
production of copies.
- Copy charges may not apply to records transmitted in electronic format; public body may charge for staff time used to convert documents to electronic format when documents not in electronic format, but agency agrees to produce them in electronic format.
- When a deposit is required, it may not exceed 25% of total anticipated costs, and the time to produce a record does not start until the deposit is received.
- Full amount/remainder of total cost must be paid at time of production.
For a copy of the resolution regarding FOIA Fees click here.