Current Weather Conditions
To be directed to the County’s EOC facebook page, Click Here
The Probate Office will be closed November 29 and 30, 2018.
County offices will be closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, December 24th, 25th, and 26th, for observance of Christmas. Offices will reopen on Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 9:00AM.
County offices will be closed on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, December 24th, 25th, and 26th, 2018 for observance of Christmas. Offices will reopen on Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 9:00AM.
The Landfill located on Reynolds Road will be closed on December 25th.
Click to view video from WJBF on the new multi purpose arena.
April is Fair Housing Month
The Lower Savannah Council of Governments (LSCOG) is conducting an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice as part of its obligations in receiving funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This short survey is part of the LSCOG’s efforts to obtain feedback from the public. By completing the survey you will help us assess fair housing issues in your community. Your input is important and will directly impact the decision making process.
Orangeburg County Regional HOME Consortium Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Call for Applications
Orangeburg County Regional Home Consortium is Now In taking Applications for Owner Occupied Rehabilitation. Assistance is available to qualified and eligible homeowners in our service area. This program is not intended for minor repairs, remodeling, additions, or cosmetic improvements. Assistance will be available to eligible homeowners subject to availability of funds. Those who are not selected in the current application cycle will need to re-apply in future application rounds. Documents and applications can be accessed using the links below.
Your Barnwell County Penny Sales Tax Revenues At Work
Click the photo above or here to view photos.
News & Updates
SCAC Regional Cooperation Award Video
Freedom of Information Act – Fees For Copies of Public Records
Fees (Section 30-4-30(B) & (C)):
- Requires each public body to establish a fee schedule which must be postedonline.
- Public body may establish and collect reasonable fees not to exceed the actual cost of searching, retrieval, and redaction of records. Fees are to be based on prorated hourly rate of the lowest paid employee of the public body who, in “reasonable” discretion of records custodian, has the skill and training necessary to respond to the request.
- Charge for copies cannot exceed the prevailing commercial rate for production of copies.
- Copy charges may not apply to records transmitted in electronic format; public body may charge for staff time used to convert documents to electronic format when documents not in electronic format, but agency agrees to produce them in electronic format.
- When a deposit is required, it may not exceed 25% of total anticipated costs, and the time to produce a record does not start until the deposit is received.
- Full amount/remainder of total cost must be paid at time of production.
For a copy of the resolution regarding FOIA Fees click here.
In Barnwell County we always strive to provide current information on county services that enhance your quality of life.
Please visit our Website regularly for updates on County Meetings, Property Tax Information and special events in Barnwell County.
If you find there is information missing from our site or if certain information is difficult to find, please contact us. Your comments and suggestions are important to the continued development of the county Web site.
Thank you for visiting the Barnwell County Web site!