Fees (Section 30-4-30(B) and (C)):
- Requires each public body to establish a fee schedule which must be posted online.
- Public body may establish and collect reasonable fees not to exceed the actual cost of searching, retrieval, and redaction of records. Fees are to be based on prorated hourly rate of the lowest paid employee of the public body who, in "reasonable" discretion of the records custodian, has the skill and training necessary to respond to the request.
- Charge for copies cannot exceed the prevailing commercial rate for production of copies.
- Copy charges may not apply to records transmitted in electronic format; public body may charge for staff time used to convert documents to electronic format when documents not in electronic format, but agency agrees to produce them in electronic format.
- When a deposit is required, it may not exceed 25% of total anticipated costs, and the time to produce a record does not start until the deposit is received.
- Full amount/remainder of total cost must be paid at time of production.